St Francis Veterinary Hospital offers a specialised Obesity and Weight management program for your pets. Just as in people, obesity contributes to many preventable life-threatening diseases such as diabetes mellitus, arthritis, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Clinical studies confirm the lifespan of an overweight pet is shortened by at least 2 years. Approximately 40% of dogs and cats are overweight!
Join our free weight clinic proudly sponsored by Hill’s Pet Nutrition.
Recommended Food: Hill’s Metabolic, Hill’s Metabolic and Mobility and Hill’s Perfect Weight.
St Francis Veterinary Hospital is proud to announce that we are the only clinic in Johannesburg to have had a Hills Pet Slimmer Finalist in the yearly competition and have had a minimum of two entries each year.
Halo was placed 2nd overall in South Africa after losing a whopping 20.50 kg and 33% of his body weight! Melissa has been running our clinic since 2011 and has successfully helped pets reach their target weight over the years, she is extremely passionate in assisting the owners and pets on the weight loss journey.
How to Register:
- Book an appointment with Melissa Lehman Calitz between 8:00 am – 15:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
- During your appointment, an assessment will be done on your pet’s body condition
- Calculations will be worked out to:
- Set your pet’s target weight
- Set your pet’s feeding plan
- Set your pet’s exercise plan
- Discuss risks involved with obesity
- Plan future appointments, and answer any of your questions
- Answer any of your questions
DID YOU KNOW?
Research shows that slim dogs and cats are less likely to suffer from health risks such as:
- Bone and Joint stress
- Greater anaesthetic risks
- Liver Disorders
- Non-Allergic skin conditions
- Delayed wound healing
- Difficulty giving birth
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Mammary Cancer
Pets can vary so much in size and shape, even within a specific breed. This can make it difficult to determine if yours is overweight.